Our range of professional support and services is further extended to all taxi industry stakeholders with the aim of representing and uniting all interests with respect, dignity and pride. TaxiChoice offers various professional services to stakeholders in the taxi industry, as follows:
TaxiChoice ensures a comprehensive and prompt vetting and assessment of application documents according to best business practices and to the benefit of the legal taxi operators. Our aim is to mitigate any risk envisaged for the banking partners:
- Reduce the perceived risk associated with taxi finance.
- Prevent fraudulent deals or applications through the vetting process.
- Assist with the problem of operating licences for all provinces.
- Ensure optimum finance options to the taxi industry via preferred service providers.
- Ensure that all taxi owners’ acquisitions are ITAS graded vehicles so that an appropriate vehicle is guaranteed.
The TaxiChoice processing department received on average over 14425 interactions per month for processing from different stakeholders in the banking sector. Applications are processed within the service level agreements with the banking partners:
National average route and verification TAT times
National average operating licence
National average pay-out TAT
We develop and implement a mechanism to choose preferred vehicles and preferred dealers with the aim of protecting the consumer. The procedure of selecting vehicles and dealers is independent and transparent, assisted by Independent Taxi Advisory Service (ITAS).
The ITAS programme was introduced to verify the quality of vehicles and assess if they are economically fit for purpose. This was aimed at vehicles emerging from the Chinese markets in terms of availability of parts, trained technicians, well-established manufacturing plants with extensive knowledge of the South African motor industry.